What is the best way to dress for a visit to the parks?
Disney Theme Parks & Water Parks – Frequently Asked Questions
We suggest you dress comfortably, wear good walking shoes and check the local weather report before you leave for the parks at Walt Disney World Resort.
Face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) and Cast Members. Please review important guidelines and requirements for face coverings.
Proper attire, including shoes and shirts, must be worn at all times. The parks are a casual, family-oriented environment. Ensuring that the parks are family-friendly is an important part of the Disney experience. In that spirit, we ask you to use your discretion and common sense.
Disney reserves the right to deny admission to or remove any person wearing attire that is considered inappropriate or attire that could detract from the experience of other Guests. Attire that is not appropriate for the parks—and which may result in refusal of admittance—includes but is not limited to:
- Costumes and masks, which may not be worn by Guests 14 years of age or older.
- Specific Halloween and Christmas events. See below.
- Some outfits inspired by Star Wars. Learn more
- Clothing with objectionable material, including obscene language or graphics
- Excessively torn clothing
- Clothing which, by nature, exposes excessive portions of the skin that may be viewed as inappropriate for a family environment
- Clothing that touches or drags on the ground
- Clothing with multiple layers is subject to search upon entry
- Objectionable tattoos
Dressing for Halloween and Christmas Events
Please note the specific costume guidelines for these 3 events:
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, and
- Disney Villains After Hours.
While we encourage creativity, we also value safety and good judgment. If you’re planning to attend these special events, take a moment to read over our latest rules and regulations:
For Guests ages 13 and under:
- Costumes and some masks may be worn; masks must provide unobstructed peripheral vision at all times with openings that allow the eyes to be fully seen.
- All Guests may dress as their favorite character, but may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
- Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent.
- Costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
- Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
- Layered costumes or costume props that surround the entire body are strongly discouraged and may be subject to additional security screening.
- Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground. (for example, full-length Princess dresses)
- Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.
- Themed T-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts and hats are acceptable.
- Acceptable accessories include: transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords and tutus. Headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face.
- Masks of any kind may not be worn (unless they are for medical or Guest safety purposes)